Friday 25 April 2008

On the pink sofa


A very quick and rather large sketch from about a year ago when my colleague posed for me. I was feeling the lack of male models and he turned out to be really good. (Artist and Model - chalk on brown paper, 90 x 70 cms 2007) I think that this work has a slow reveal. First you see the artist in the background.. me.. then a confusion of geraniums or whatever - poinsettias if I am not wrong - and then all that scribble in the foreground turns out to be a sleeping person dissolving out through the bottom of the frame. Of course I am not in the background but looking straight at him from a couple of meters in front.. it comes from a time when the artist-model relationship was at issue in my works.. one way or another it always is.
a bientot
Jane

No comments: