Friday 26 December 2008

Happy Christmas Everybody

Not my usual style but I do this every Christmas. I sit down before an array of coloured wools and "paint" with them until a Christmas stocking has made itself for this year's recipient. I make it up as I go along. We were so happy to have my Mother, Betty,  with us on Christmas Day this year but I took this to the wire with the stocking finished at 2.30 in the morning and just hanging in time for Santa's boots to be almost visible descending the chimney. Most enjoyable.
a  tres vite
Jane 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane this is just amazing ! So beautiful ! Your Mom is certainly blessed to receive such a wonderful piece of original needlepoint art, and from her daughter ! I love wool/yarn. There is nothing nicer than using quality yarns. I would love to spin my own however, I won't allow myself to put it too, on this list of things I want to do. I already have enough on there now ! :)