Friday 28 September 2007

The blue picture

I seem never to have posted this and, oh dear, it is not such a good photo, but let us say it is a kind of sculptor's study without the sculpture.. I did a number of them at the time.. I went autour de la statue with the pencil and sketched the models and then they became this painting (60 x 50 oil on canvas) which has running down through the middle a kind of sentiment that may express the couple.. in greek, but my translation of the poet Seferis's original would be : "Just a little longer, we will see the almond trees blossom, the marble gleam in the sun, the sea breaking into waves... just a little longer.. we will rise a little higher..
a bientot
Jane


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love text incorporated into an art piece.Love the blue and neutrals together.