Wednesday 28 November 2007

Objects of transition




Wherever I go around my house I find juxtapositions of things that reflect my gypsy life.. These two sketches (A3, pencil and coloured pencil on paper, 2007) show a bunch of ficus pods, picked up under a tree near the Ledra Crossing Point in Nicosia, casually sitting on an antique Delft tile. Delft, the pictureque town of Vermeer, is at the end of a tram line that passes by my house. Two small objects from two small countries.. there the similarity ends!
a bientot
Jane

2 comments:

Sarah said...

hi Jane, quick note from the grey UK, happy new year etc...I got a sonic screwdriver for christmas!
Talk soon
xx

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.