Sunday 10 June 2007

Image, music, text...


Artist and Model. Oil on canvas. 40 x 30 cms.
"In every heart there is a room, A sanctuary safe and strong
To heal the wounds from lovers past, Until a new one comes along
I spoke to you in cautious tones..You answered me with no pretence
And still I feel I said too much My silence is my self defense
And every time I've held a rose It seems I only felt the thorns
And so it goes, and so it goes. And so will you, soon, I suppose
But if my silence made you leave... then that would be my worst mistake
So I will share this room with you and you can have this heart to break
And this is why my eyes are closed. It's just as well for all I've seen
And so it goes, and so it goes..and you're the only one who knows
So I would choose to be with you. That's if the choice were mine to make
But you can make decisions too. And you can have this heart to break.
And so it goes, and so it goes And you're the only one who knows....
a bientot
Jane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great song, great lyrics.I had to also comment on these monotone works - Brilliant ! :)