Monday 18 June 2007

Worlds apart

I miss this painting a lot - but the painter who bought it did me an honour. For me it was the most true to the concept of this "Together-alone" series. A couple physically intimate but mentally on different planets.. with the emotional stuff quite subtle and bang up against the edge again. Why do I do that??? And a hint of shutters. Back then I was lucky to have models prepared to adopt these kinds of poses. I am trying to get the owner of a similar painting in this composition to send me a photo of it.. "you didn't photograph it?", you ask. "You might as well not have made it!" - You are right!... now I would never do that..



a bientot

Jane




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very nice !

Jane Walker said...

Thanks Sheri
I am going to keep going with this red series for a while and then after my open studio I will put some more recent stuff on my blog. Hope you made the dress!

Jane

Anonymous said...

I haven't made the dress yet or even purchased the material.I probably won't get to that for a few weeks because, I've got so much on the go right now.A solo show to be ready for end of June and art works to have finished for a new Gallery opening in PEI, Canada.Busy, busy as always. Looking forward to seeing your recent works.